from 2,760USD /night
For romantic wedding parties, extended family gatherings and groups of well-heeled friends, the Kaba Kaba Estate is peerless. This extraordinary no-expenses-spared eight-bedroom villa rises on royal land on the edge of the prosperous village of Kaba Kaba in Bali’s fertile Tabanan regency, just 10 minutes from the beaches of Canggu. The setting is spectacular – three acres of garden extending into a sea of rice terraces that stretch to the volcano-dotted horizon. The interiors are equally impressive, hosting museum-quality antiques, paintings and objets d’art that reveal the owners’ passion for Asian culture and contemporary art.
The estate has been designed for lavish entertaining, supported by five-star service provided by a large staff of butlers, housekeepers and kitchen staff including an accomplished chef. There are multiple formal and casual living areas that can hold a crowd – among them an air-conditioned living room, open-sided dining pavilion with its six-metre table, large poolside sun-deck, and a huge rooftop terrace with bar and balé. Spread across the series of individual one- and two-level pavilions that make up the estate are smaller living areas as well as decks and balconies for private ‘me’ space away from the social whirl.
Among the exceptional facilities are a Moroccan-themed media room with 106-inch projector screen and 60-inch TV, a library, games room with air hockey and table football, a well-equipped gym and professional spa. Within the extensive gardens is a 25-metre swimming pool as well as two plunge pools (one serving the master suite and the other adjoining a guest suite), a children’s wading pool, a superb tennis court, croquet lawn, lotus ponds and a duck pond … complete with resident ducks.
With its multiple-pavilion layout and magnificent facilities, Kaba Kaba estate is perfect for two or three families who love holidaying together while enjoying their own breathing space. And as a wedding venue, it’s breathtaking.
- 14 adults + 4 children (8 bedrooms: 5 with king-size beds; 2 with twins convertible to king-size beds; 1 with bunk beds x4); 8 extra beds available at additional charge.
- Formal living room; dining pavilion with table for 18; kitchen with drinks bar; three sitting areas; library; media room; games room; rooftop entertainment area with bar.
- Main pool: 25m x 5m. 0.38m-1.5m depth; Master suite plunge pool: 6m x 3m x 1.2m; Pilisan suite plunge pool: 5m x 3m x 1.1m; Pande kid’s pool: 11m x 0.19m x 0.5m.
- Meals: The villa offers an extensive individually priced menu of Balinese, Indonesian, western, vegetarian and children’s meals; cocktails, wines and spirits, liqueurs and cigars. Daily breakfast is included in the rates. Special, off-menu requests and dietary needs are accommodated; dinner parties can be catered (charges apply).
- Telephones provided in all rooms (local calls free of charge, international calls on guest account); complimentary WiFi access.
- 60-inch satellite channel TV, 106-inch projector screen, Blu-ray disc player, Wii entertainment system and Bose surround-sound system in media room; 32-inch satellite TVs and Blu-ray disc players in all bedrooms (apart from bunk room) plus guest kitchen and Pande living room; 3 iPods; iPod dock in every room.
- Kaba Kaba Estate is very well equipped for families. Facilities include a kids’ wading pool and a games room; kids’ bunk room and fun activities such as Balinese dance lessons or Yoga lessons for adults and kids at the villa.
- Gym; full-size tennis court; croquet lawn; 5 adults’ bikes, 2 kids’ bikes.
- Dedicated spa with two massage tables (plus two portable massage tables for poolside or in-room treatments), spa bath, private garden and balé.
- A complimentary car and driver is available for 8 hours a day for villa guests. Alternatively, villa staff can call one of Bali’s safe and reasonably priced metered taxis (on guest account).
- Kaba Kaba Estate is a wonderful wedding and event venue, catering for up to 200 people (with prior notice).
- Barbecue; in-room safes; generator back-up; air-conditioning and dehumidifiers in all bedrooms and dressing rooms.
|Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2 nights||3 nights||5 nights||7 nights|
|US$ 2760||US$ 2995||US$ 3705||US$ 4750|
|Low Season 2018||01 Sep - 14 Dec
|Low Season 2019||06 Jan to 01 Feb, 11 Feb to 04 Apr, 22 Apr to 14 Jun, 01 Sep to 14 Dec|
|Shoulder Season 2018||19 Aug - 31 Aug|
|Shoulder Season 2019||05 Apr to 16 Apr, 15 Jun to 21 Jun, 18 Aug to 31 Aug|
|Shoulder Season 2020||28 Mar to 8 Apr, 14 Apr to 2 May, 20 Jun to 26 Jun|
|High Season 2018||23 Jun to 18 Aug, 15 Dec to 25 Dec|
|High Season 2019||02 Feb to 10 Feb, 17 Apr to 21 Apr, 22 Jun to 17 Aug, 15 Dec to 25 Dec|
|High Season 2020||24 Jan to 31 Jan, 9 Apr to 13 Apr|
|Peak Season 2019||26 Dec to 05 Jan 2019|
|Peak Season 2020||26 Dec to 04 Jan 2020
Kaba Kaba Estate lies on the edge of a historic rural village of the same name in the Tabanan regency of south-west Bali. With an outlook that re-affirms the regency’s epithet of ‘Bali’s rice bowl’, the villa gazes northwards and eastwards across a seemingly endless expanse of rice fields towards the majestic volcanic peaks of Mount Agung, Batur and Batukaru. This glorious setting promises guests a rare experience of Bali’s rural rhythms largely unchanged over centuries.
- Map View
- Street View